Right from Briosco, which is 40 minutes far from Bergamo, we reach Trescore
Balneario. The itinerary could be the following:
- Trip with the bus until Trescore Balneario.
Once reached the location, visit of the gardens of Villa
Suardi and of its famous Oratoy of st. Barbara
which preserves inside the XVI century frescoes of Lorenzo Lotto
dedicated to St. Barbara, St. Bridget, St. Magdalen and St. Catherine.
- Visit of the Villa Medolago - Albani (Redona di Trescore).
An eighteenth century building incorporated between two pre-existing
medieval nuclei. It rises on a slope where vineyards are grown.
A visit to the cellars where the Medolago Albani wines are stored
- Launch at restaurant “LA FATTORIA” in Trescore.
- After the lunch there will be a visit to the Castle of
Malpaga, one of the finest examples of residential castle
of the province of Bergamo. Reformed in the XV century by Bartolomeo
Colleoni, the General Captain of the Venetian army, the castle become
since 1458 his mansion. The structure is still preserved and famous
are the XVI century frescoes of the courtyard and of the banqueting
rooms, nowaday attributed to the painter Marcello Fogolino.
- Visit of the Castle of Cavernago, origially property
of the Martinengo Colleoni family which commissioned the XVII century
frescoes. It is nowadays property of Princes Gonzaga di Vescovado.
- The return to Villa Medici is for the late evening.
itinerary is available all year long