Departure during the morning from Villa Medici.
- The first city of the itinerari is Cremona.
In this little town in the middle of the Po river valley, the spirit
of Stradivari still lingers. He was the famous
stringed instruments maker who invented a special varnish whose
main characteristic was to make any kind of wood sound wonderfully.
- Visit of the Stradivarian museum and the museo
civico Ala Ponzone hosted in halls of the 16th century.
- Visit to the Duomo or Cathedral, which is an
interesting example of Lombardy-Roman architecture started in 1107,
seriously damaged by the earthquake of 1117 and consecrated in 1190.
Visit of the Torrazzo, a mighty crenellated tower 111 meters high
(a European record for a masonry structure) and visit of a violin
- Departure for the places loved by Giuseppe Verdi,
and lunch at the Due Foscari, one of the most prestigious
restaurant in province.
- During the afternoon, visit of the house where Giuseppe Verdi
was born. Then a visit to the Teatro Verdi of Busseto
(1868), where almost all the operas of the Maestro were performed,
continuing to the Sant’Agata Villa, built
This program is available all year long