First Day: Villas and gardens of Brianza
- Bus all the day. Visit of some very important private
Villas in Lombard country, near Villa Medici.
- Visit of Villa Sommi Picenardi, at Olgiate Molgora, with the wonderful
Italian garden. The building has a splendid architecture and it
is still the residence of the family.
- Visit of the square facing the Church of Santa Maria alla Noce
in which, until the early 19th century, a traditional market for
the sale of silk cocoons was held.
- Lunch at Ristorante “La Corte” in Lurago d’Erba,
in an old farmhouse. (each person) L. 40.000
- Visit of Villa Sormani, close to the restaurant. The Villa was
built in 1783 and offers a wonderful view over an intact Lombard
landscape from the top of the hill. It is still the private residence
of the family.
- Visit of Villa Perego at Cremnago, associated to the Grandi Giardini
Italiani. The Villa is a masterpiece by Piermarini, like the Scala
Theatre and the Villa Reale in Monza. There is a splendid flight
of steps that links the Italian-style garden to the landscaped park.
The Chapel contains an important fresco by Bergognone. It is a private
- Visit of Villa Antona Traversi at Meda. It was once a monastery,
with an adjoining church frescoed by Luini and his pupils. In its
architectural structure and frescoes it recalls the monastery of
San Maurizio in Milan. In front of the Villa there is the ancient
garden of the monastery. It is still a private villa.
- Visit to the collection of keyboard instruments in the private
Villa, with an artist that plays the fortepianos.
- Dinner at Villa Medici.
Second day: visit to Villas and gardens near Como
- Bus the all day. We reach Como and we go to Bellagio,
with visit of the garden of Villa Melzi d’Eril.
- By boat we reach Varenna, on the opposite side of the lake.
- We go further to Bolvedro, near Tremezzo, where it is possible
to visit Villa La Quiete, private property of Sola Cabiati Family.
The villa is exceptionally opened for this visit. It keeps a collection
of 18th century paintings and furniture. From its windows we admire
a wonderful view of the lake. The property is associated to Abitare
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- We continue for Lenno, where with a motor boat we reach Balbianello
Isle, where there is Villa Balbianello, property once of Monzino
Family and now belonging to F.A.I. It is perfectly kept with wonderful
- We come back to Lenno and after to Villa Medici.
- Dinner at “St. George Ier” restaurant, in the Villa
Reale of Monza’s park, with a lesson of “risotto alla
Third day: Visit to villas and gardens on the lake Maggiore
- Bus the all day. We reach Stresa. Visit to the garden
of the Isola Bella, with the wonderful Italian style gardens.
- Lunch at Stresa
- In the afternoon visit to Villa Pallavicino at Stresa, which is
associated to Grandi Giardini Italiani
- We go further to Liolà Factory in Borgomanero, where it
is possible to visit the factory and to have shopping in the show
- Coming back at Villa Medici, with a concert in the Organ Hall
- Gala dinner.
Visit to villas and gardens near Varese
- Visit to the Villa Cicogna Mozzoni at Bisuschio, near
Varese, which is associated to the Grandi Giardini Italiani. The
Villa has a magnificent Italian garden. It is possible to have lunch
at the Villa.
- In the afternoon go further to Villa Della Porta Bozzolo, in Casalzuigno,
that belongs to the F.A.I. It is a Villa of 18th century with architectural
terraces in the garden,
- Visit of the Monastery of Torba and of the Collegiate Church of
- It is possible to organise other visits to other villas in the